2014年7月9日星期三

I am mightily motivated

There are quite a number of Vietnamese main dishes that use caramel. The word “caramel” often put me off; I am not an enthusiast for sweetness in my main dishes. I tend to favour hot, hot and spicy dishes; not to set the tongue on fire though. But most Asians do have a sweet palate; the Chinese are famous for sweet and sour dishes, Japanese have their teriyaki sauce and the Vietnamese with their caramel dishes. Of course a little sweetness is nice and it is all about the right balance thermal tea cups.
Now, the brilliant thing about home-cooked food is that I can control the amount of sweetness. As Indochina is the theme this month, I have chosen to make a caramel main dish. After all, I am not cooking for myself only. I definitely need to increase my cooking repertoire to make more friends . Especially after my bò lúc lắc experience, I am mightily motivated Adon jewelry.

Caramelised pork spare ribs is another easy everyday recipe that you can cook at home. Make sure that the caramel colour is the right deep brown colour and you will get a nice glistening sheen at the end of the cooking. The sauce is also naturally thickened without any flour, cornflour or starch-like product.

Although the pork ribs are cut into bite-sized pieces, I cannot resist using my fingers. If you want to avoid the messiness, you can use pork belly. A leaner cut perhaps. I also doubled the amount of liquid because simmering for the time the original recipe suggested it tends to dry up much quicker. Plus, I wanted a bit of sauce to have with the rice Web Vulnerability Scan.

A well-balanced caramel dish, I will definitely make this again.

没有评论:

发表评论